Did you know that registration to Civilian Aviation is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Düsseldorf (DUS) - 30/09/2010

MarkL

Düsseldorf (DUS) - 30/09/2010

Post by MarkL » Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:06 pm

Hi All

My first proper posting here, hopefully of interest.

I have been spotting over 20 years and of late have enjoyed taking quick trips into Europe to try and fill up the old log book a bit. Normally I go for 2-3 days and get in as many airports, airfields and museums as poss. For this trip I took a one day outing to Düsseldorf from Stansted using Air Berlin who I had never flown with before. I got a good price AND was shocked to find they actually serve coffee and a nibble ... for free )))...take note Mr O :lol:

Anyway, being my 3rd German trip I have to say how well they look after the enthusiasts with some fantastic facilities...take note UK airports.

So...I decided to show some pics of some of the types seen so anyone planning a trip may know what to expect.

The viewing facility I used at Dus was on top of pier B giving a fantastic view of the whole airport. Lufthansa and Air Berlin were the major contributers. There is a good selection of Biz available but you need good bins or a scope to read them. I was pleasantly suprised at the quantity of movements on the two parallel runways. It only got quiet a couple of times and then the calm only lasted a short time. Apparently there is another good spot to view near the railway station but I didn't manage to get to that.

Below are some pics I took. I need to say I am no photographer, I just take pics for my reference. I would say, howerver, that the viewing spot is awesome for photography as most a/c are just airborn as they pass you. Unfortunately on the day I visited, the weather was rotten hence the dull pics so I can't tell you if the sun is a help or hinderance on clear days.

And my highlight...didn't imagine I'd see a pax A310 :-))

Hope this was of some interest

Kind Regards

Mark

KenR

Re: Düsseldorf (DUS) - 30/09/2010

Post by KenR » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:38 pm

Hi Mark,
Nice little report and set of Photos.
I will be followng in your steps next week - Day trip on Air Berlin to Dusseldorf.
Can I ask what size lens you used to take the photographs.
Many thanks
Ken

MarkL

Re: Düsseldorf (DUS) - 30/09/2010

Post by MarkL » Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:09 pm

Hi Ken

Thanks for your reply.

As I said in my main text, I am not a 'photographer' per se, and all I use is a Panasonic 12x zoom point and shoot for reference shots.

I guess most were taken around 8x to 10 x so if you use DSLR I would think a 300mm would do the job easily. Again, as I mentioned above, I went on a horrible overcast day so I dont know if the sun will be with you or not...if it is you should get some superb shots.

Have a great trip and do please post some of your shots when you get back.

Mark

Return to “Germany”