Did you know that registration to Civilian Aviation is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Eindhoven

Terry

Eindhoven

Post by Terry » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:04 pm

Heres a little one to keep you going...... :)
20th August '08 , I was asked to deliver a pallet of brochures to an address out near Eindhoven, by the 21st. No problem :roll:
I collected the brochures late afternoon and had my evening meal then sauntered off to Dover for a crossing in the early hours.
As usual I opted to go straight there get the delivery done & meander back via an airfield or 3 ;) .
The road the address was in was a country lane but eventually I found number 5.

Derelict (the sign on the fence says dangerous structure keep out). There was a guy working in a field opposite so I asked him if he knew where the family had moved to. 'Polski' was all I got ! So I drove up and down the lane a way looking for another clue or another number 5. After a bit of milling around I stopped outside an obviously new 'sorta' farmhouse/mansion. So I phoned the office & they phoned the consignee, (at the same time as the people in the house came out !), It was the correct address. No number just the couple who owned it's names on a board outside. (I had a different name) It turned out to be a 'conference centre' and the woman secretary who's name I had been given had gone to a wedding that day. ! ! ! They had a fork lift in the barn so off came the pallet & away I went to Eindhoven. I Went straight to Spotterstraat (yes it really is Spotter Street !) and a look across the civil apron netted....... EI DLN , EI DPE , EI DPP , EI CSZ and G BWWT. This took off while I stood.

And I can't mention these seen from the long term car park.........

From there off to Antwerp, one day the Stampe & Vertongen Museum will be open when I get there !
PH LGW , OO VLR , N702SR , N727F , OO FLN , OO FTO , OO VLE , OO VLK , OO SAV , OO TMF , OO WAR , OO TMK , OO TMR OO WLF

They were doing some filming with OO FRF and there was a wreck which I got as OO JGJ , but there is a known Jetsream wreck OO IBL , don't know if that was it or not (read off from the opposite side of the airfield). Then off via Gent to Ostend (to get ciggies for a friend at nearby ' Tobacco Row' before closing time)
21.08.08 Ostend.
N526MC , G MKHA , 9G AXA , OE DEJ , OO CFG , G SYPA , OO DSO , OO NZF , G ETFL , SU GAY and UR CGY.

This took off but I didn't get it so then 10 minutes down the road to buy ciggies then across into France to........
Les Moures 21 08 08
F GUAR , F GFJJ , F BSIY , F GMKG.

Last one of the day Calais.F HABJ and G GOBD.

I got a little black book with me poems in

The Cameraman
SPOTM winner

Re: Eindhoven

Post by The Cameraman » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:02 pm

Hi Terry,

nice variety of aircraft.

Regards

Reggie

Return to “The Netherlands”