Did you know that registration to Civilian Aviation is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Bristol Summer 2005

Got a hole in an old log? Empty lines in your notebook? Request that missing registration here, hopefully someone can help. Requests over 6 months old only please.
FlyingColours

Bristol Summer 2005

Post by FlyingColours » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:35 am

As some of you may know I was based at Bristol Airport from April 2005 to November 2005 and for some foolish reason didn't take down registrations (my first mistake), my second mistake was not taking many photographs despite living pretty much at the end of the runway. I have managed to pull registrations from the few photos I did take and have put them here in case they are of use to anyone but my question is does anyone have any info on the regular visitors or based aircraft (EZY based a fair number of 737s there for example) which could jog the old memory ;)

Islandsflug / Excel airways
TF-ELY - Boeing 737-400 - Initially there from late April into the first week of May then a Wednesday only visitor
TF-ELV - Boeing 737-400 - Replaced TF-ELY as the based aircraft from the start of May until September
TF-ELP - Boeing 737-400 - In Aviajet Colours, replaced TF-ELV for a week or so in September
TF-ELD - Boeing 737-400 - Replaced TF-ELP & TF-ELV as the based aircraft until the end of the season
TF-ELJ - Boeing 737-400 - Possibly the odd visit on a Wednesday

MyTravel
G-CRPH - Airbus A320 - Based there for the summer

First Choice Airways
G-OOAH - Airbus A321

EasyJet
G-EZJL
G-EZJV
G-EZJT
G-EZJW
G-EZJS
G-EZJC
G-EZJL

Parcelforce / Royal Mail / Emerald Airways
G-OPFW - Hawker Siddley HS-748

Other Oddities

PH-KZD - KLM F70
PH-KZI - KLM F70
PH-WXD - KLM F70
G-CEAD - European Air Charter B737-200
EI-CPK - Avro RJX - Manx2

Ryanair regulars were EI-CNX, EI-CDX & EI-COX

British Airways sent in quite a few ERJs and FlyBe did send in a mix of Dash-8s and 146s, Air SouthWest likewise sent in their small fleet of Dash 8s, mainly G-WOWB/C/D (A was never a regular visitor from what I can remember). Britannia had a 757 regularly visit though I don't think it was based there.

If anyone is interested in my shots they are now in a video slide show on my YT channel.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yi4nZPvoOzA

The big question is can anyone help add to that list with the regular traffic?

Phil
FlyingColours

Maltatripper

Re: Bristol Summer 2005

Post by Maltatripper » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:26 am

Hope this helps;

I was there on 20/07/2005 and saw the following;

Air Southwest

G-WOWA/D

EasyJet

G-EZJB/G/H/I/O/R/T/Y
G-EZK/B
G-EZEZ

First Choice

G-OOAH

Flybe

G-JECI
G-JEDK
G-JEAX

KLM

PH-KZN
PH-WXD

MyTravel

G-GTDK

Sabena

OO-DWA

XL

TF-ELV

Sorry do not know which were based.

FlyingColours

Re: Bristol Summer 2005

Post by FlyingColours » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:32 pm

Thanks mate, looking at my logbook I was on TF-ELV that day, went to Rhodes and back :cool:

Return to “Old registration tie-up area.”