Did you know that registration to Civilian Aviation is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

An-124 on 17th January 2016

Got a hole in an old log? Empty lines in your notebook? Request that missing registration here, hopefully someone can help. Requests over 6 months old only please.

An-124 on 17th January 2016

Postby ADSBLogger » Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:30 pm

I logged an Antonov An-124 North of Scarborough, North Yorkshire at altitude (contrailing) flying East-West on an Atlantic crossing track on 17th January 2016 at 12:30 hours GMT. I believe that the carrier was probably Volga. Does anyone have this in their records at all (probably from radar tracking)? I have checked ADSB logs on Scramble and this forum to no avail, the only Antonov recorded on that date being rather later in the day post 15:00 (an Antonov Design Bureau aircraft).

The aircraft was on the same flight path immediately after a Lufthansa A388 D-AIMG (LH456 FRA-LAX) at 12:20 GMT and before a KLM A332 PH-AOE (KL677 AMS-YYC) at 12:40 GMT.
ADSBLogger

Re: An-124 on 17th January 2016

Postby LondonEye » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:24 pm

I looked back using planefinder.net (FR24 needs subscription to go back that far).
I was able to see both aircraft you mention, but sadly, nothing in between.
Looks like your aircraft was not transmitting signal.
Pete.
LondonEye
SPOTM winner

Return to Old registration tie-up area.