Did you know that registration to Civilian Aviation is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Jersey late 60's

Got a hole in an old log? Empty lines in your notebook? Request that missing registration here, hopefully someone can help. Requests over 6 months old only please.
Colin Jones

Jersey late 60's

Post by Colin Jones » Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:18 pm

Bit of a long shot but does anyone have any movements for Jersey 1967-1970? Went on holiday there Aug 1967, didn't manage any airport visits but would be interested to know of what I may have missed (saw lots of stuff going in). Likewise 1968/69 and 70, thanks for any info, any dates. Colin Jones

garryrussell

Re: Jersey late 60's

Post by garryrussell » Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:26 am

Too wide a subject as there was a lot and things changed greatly during that time with onlder types becoming extinct and newer type taking over

Off the top of my head a taster, nothing more Some type only went at busy times or back ups so not all these types were in service at the same time. You can guage by the date which ones were likely as most airlines used their current types into the island

Intra Airways DC3
Morton Air Services DC3, Heron, Dove
British United One-Eleven, Viscount, DC3, Herald...later BUIA with Heralds DC3 and Heron. BUA One-Elevens only
Aurigny Islander
BEA Viscount,Vanguard, Argosy, Merchantman from 1970
Laker One-Eleven
British Eagle Viscount, Britannia
Dan Air DC3, Ambassador
BKS Viscount, Britannia, Trident, HS.748, Ambassador
Cambrian DC 3, Viscount
Autair Ambassador, Herald, HS748, One-Eleven
Rousseau Aviation DC3, Nord 262, HS748, Herald (leased from Europe Aero Service during summer 1970)
Channel Airways Dove, Heron, HS.748, Viscount, Trident
Aer Lingus One-Eleven, Viscount
British Midland Canadair Four, Viscount,DC3, Herald, One-Eleven
British United Air Ferries/BAF Bristol Superfreighter, Carvair.
South West Aviation Skyvan
British Westpoint DC3
Westward Islander

With charters just about every British airlinr and type would eventually visit.

Lots of charters too from France bringing in varieties of DC 3, DC6 and later Fokker F.27 and Fairchild F.27 and FH-227

Colin Jones

Re: Jersey late 60's

Post by Colin Jones » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:56 am

Thanks Garry, not much I can add to your list apart from the Channel Airways 1-11 's which seemed to be in every day during my Aug '67 holiday, plus Emerald with a DC-3 on Sundays. Luxair Viscount LX-LGC was there the day I arrived. Flew LTN-JER in Midland Viscount G-AVJA, back in a Canadair C-4 G-ALHY which was withdrawn from use 3 weeks afterwards. Aurigny hadn't started up then (1968 I think; likewise Intra which I think was 1969, Westward and Southwest likewise were 1968/69). British Westpoint had ceased ops by 1967. Pity no-one had invented the digital camera back then!

Colin

Return to “Old registration tie-up area.”