Did you know that registration to Civilian Aviation is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Shannon 1990s

Only nostalgic and wrecks & relics photography in here please, nostalgic posts should be over 5 years old.

PorkScratching
POTM & SPOTM winner

Re: Shannon 1990s

Post by PorkScratching » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:15 am

Great selection of tasty aircraft Eric! Not sure you're honouring your username with all those DC-8s though :) Not that I'm complaining, I love DC-8s. The Swissair 747 is nice to see - perhaps a fuel stop due to strong headwinds over the Atlantic? The Jordanian Cargo 707 is interesting - looks like its in a basic Air China scheme (just checked online, and indeed that was its previous operator). Some nice Russian stuff too, especially the Tu-134. Can't complain at a Ghana DC-9 either - presumably on delivery?

b707fan
POTM winner

Post by b707fan » Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:40 pm

The Swissair 747-300 was on a training detail. Due to the quiet airspace, a lot of European heavies used to come to Shannon for training. The Royal Jordanian 707 was a regular freight flight every Saturday. The Scirocco and Ghana aircraft were painted in Shannon for onward delivery

Regards

(Will post a few 707s later)

PorkScratching
POTM & SPOTM winner

Post by PorkScratching » Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:31 pm

Ah, training detail - I forgot Shannon was used regularly for that, like Prestwick and Stansted. No chance of it at Stansted these days

I bet you loved having a paint shop - always useful for catching rare liveries.

Return to “Nostalgia and Wrecks & Relics”