Did you know that registration to Civilian Aviation is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

A few from Northolt 1977-8

Only nostalgic and wrecks & relics photography in here please, nostalgic posts should be over 5 years old.
waghorn41

A few from Northolt 1977-8

Post by waghorn41 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:52 pm

First of all apologies for the very poor quality but these were taken on an Instamatic(?) which had a cartridge film of very small negative size and was very unbalanced for point and shoot! Anyway, nostalgia time - hope you enjoy the subjects if not the clarity :blush:

The F28 at the end was the Dutch Royal aircraft and was flown in by Prince Bernhard, not sure what happened with the light but it makes it look a bit surreal :roll:

freddielaker2

Re: A few from Northolt 1977-8

Post by freddielaker2 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:37 am

The F28 at the end is still going.. I saw it a few years ago at Schiphol flying the government around the place. It was too far away from me to get a 1/2 decent shot of it. Have you any of the Andover/hs748's there? I flew on one of them in the 70's to RAE Beford on one engine, the capt. thought it was funny, 2 of the guys I was with it was their first air experience flight poor sods! :P

Martin

Post by Martin » Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:55 pm

freddielaker2 wrote:The F28 at the end is still going.. I saw it a few years ago at Schiphol flying the government around the place. It was too far away from me to get a 1/2 decent shot of it.
The Dutch Gov't/Royals are now using a Fokker70, PH-KBX

Regards
Martin

waghorn41

Post by waghorn41 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:13 pm

freddielaker2 wrote:The F28 at the end is still going.. I saw it a few years ago at Schiphol flying the government around the place. It was too far away from me to get a 1/2 decent shot of it. Have you any of the Andover/hs748's there? I flew on one of them in the 70's to RAE Beford on one engine, the capt. thought it was funny, 2 of the guys I was with it was their first air experience flight poor sods! :P
I've got a couple of distant shots of the 748s but I was southside at the time and they were outside the squadron hangar northside.

Return to “Nostalgia and Wrecks & Relics”