Did you know that registration to Civilian Aviation is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Nuthatch 11-3-2017

Landscapes,portraits,sports - anything really as long as it's not offensive.

Nuthatch 11-3-2017

Postby andygolfer » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:47 am

I had a morning out with my wife at Marks Hall arboretum (Coggeshall, Essex) on Saturday and spotted this nuthatch high in a dead tree, it seemed quite happy to be photographed and we watched it for a while before we moved on.

Imagenuthatch marks hall 11-03-2017 0241 by Andrew Goldsmith, on Flickr

Imagenuthatch marks hall 11-03-2017 0244 by Andrew Goldsmith, on Flickr

Andy
Andygolfer (or at least I was once), now just plane crazy

please support our photo competitions by entering and/or voting!

FRANCIS: Now, this is the palace in Caesar's Square. Our commando unit will approach from Fish Street, under cover of night, and make our way to the northwestern main drain. If questioned, we are sewage workers on our way to a conference. Reg, our glorious leader and founder of the P.F.J., will be coordinating consultant at the drain head, though he himself will not be taking part in any terrorist action, as he has a bad back.
BRIAN: Aren't you going to come with us? REG: Solidarity, brother. BRIAN: Oh, yes. Solidarity, Reg.
FRANCIS: Once in the sewer, timing will be of the essence. There is a Roman feast later in the evening, so we must move fast, and don't wear your best sandals. Turning left here, we enter the Caesar-Augustus memorial sewer and from there, proceed directly to the hypocaust.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rKYL0tW-Ek
andygolfer
Administrator, POTM and SPOTM winner

Re: Nuthatch 11-3-2017

Postby Mike » Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:57 pm

Nice one, Andy. :thumb:

Please support our monthly photo competitions by entering and/or by voting !

My Airliners.net photos
Mike
Administrator and SPOTM winner

Re: Nuthatch 11-3-2017

Postby Rugbyref » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:42 pm

I have only seen these twice in our garden, and one of those was on a RSPB birdwatch session!
Rugbyref

Return to General Photography