Did you know that registration to Civilian Aviation is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

Amphibian Cessnas

This area is for all current civilian images less than 5 years old. A limited number of military photos (guideline up to 10%) may be included if they add to the overall theme. No topics with links only please.
Alexe

Amphibian Cessnas

Post by Alexe » Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:47 am

This pair have recently been in to Cranfield (of all places) for maintenance. Both Cessna 208 Caravan Amphibians, operating from Loch Lomond

ImageIMG_3893 by Alex and Dee, on Flickr

ImageIMG_3985 by Alex and Dee, on Flickr

ImageIMG_3896 by Alex and Dee, on Flickr

ImageIMG_4492 by Alex and Dee, on Flickr

ImageIMG_4481 by Alex and Dee, on Flickr

ImageIMG_4570 by Alex and Dee, on Flickr

ImageIMG_4567 by Alex and Dee, on Flickr

Mike
Administrator, SPOTM & FC POTM winner

Re: Amphibian Cessnas

Post by Mike » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:08 pm

Nice catches, I'd hate to think how much it costs to fly with them though - I'm too scared to look at their website. :lol:

Please support our monthly photo competitions by entering and/or by voting !

keithnewsome
POTM & SPOTM winner

Post by keithnewsome » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:25 pm

Very nice ! I had a 40 minute flight around Dubai in one some time ago, Seawings, it cost the equivalent of about £100.00 and was very good ... constant chat from the crew pointing out the relevant points .... taking off from, and landing back onto water is an experience !!

Keith ;)

The Cameraman
SPOTM winner

Post by The Cameraman » Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:17 am

Mike wrote:Nice catches, I'd hate to think how much it costs to fly with them though - I'm too scared to look at their website. :lol:
Hi Mike,

trust me, it's worth every single penny!

Dave and the team are a fantastic group, so to combine my love of motorcycling, float planes and photography, then add a superb B&B called Culag Lochside Guest House and then to fly around Scotland is a treat no to be missed.

You only live once, so do it. You know you want to!

I've been lucky enough to fly with them in their first Caravan, also flown 172's and Beaver's and flown in a Twin Bee, a couple of Grumman Turbo Mallards and a Grumman Albatross. There's nothing but nothing better than seaplanes.

Regards

Reggie

upnorth

Post by upnorth » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:24 am

Nicely captured.

I'm not generally a fan of the Caravan's looks, but once you have the belly pod removed and floats on it's not so bad.
My Blogs

Pickled Wings Vintage and preserved aircraft blog: http://pickledwings.wordpress.com/

Beyond Prague Traveling the Czech Republic outside of the capital: http://beyondprague.wordpress.com/

Return to “Current Civilian Photography”