Did you know that registration to Civilian Aviation is completely free and brings you lots of added features? Find out more....

EI-FAU ATR

Post your logs,movements and information for Southend here.
james143611

EI-FAU ATR

Post by james143611 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:01 pm

Hello all,

Tyically, my second to last Aer Lingus prop I need for sight is EI-FAU, and after a day at Dublin last Thursday produced no sight of it, I went on FR24 for it's flight history to see that it last flew on the 2nd March from Dublin to Southend and never did anything since. I looked again today to see it now says there is no flight history for EI-FAU (it only reads up to a week doesn't it?)

Nothing on Planespotters/Airframes.net etc to say it's been stored, but maybe gone to Stobart Air for other work soon instead? Will be down that way for the Southern Expo and will try and get over to Southend if there is time, but does anyone know if it's still at Southend and if so, is it visible? I don't want to get there to find it's only locked away in some hangar.

Any help appreciated :)

Bob UK
POTM winner

Re: EI-FAU ATR

Post by Bob UK » Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:38 pm

Hi James.....

not a 100% sure but I think Inflite may have 1 in for maintenance, which could be your bird............ I will try & find out for you.

cheers

Bob
If you would like to view my pics

https://www.flickr.com/photos/96219572@N07/albums

james143611

Post by james143611 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:02 am

Ahhh, unlikely to be viewable at the moment then. If it is in for maintenance then at least I'll be able to try again soon. Any info if you get any would be much appreciated :)

Thank you Bob :)

James.

Bobbybefc

Post by Bobbybefc » Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:30 pm

James,

Had to be something like in maintainence-trawled the system for U yesterday with no joy -everything else seemed to be flying but not yours. My namesake seems to have discovered the reason why.

Happy Days

Bob :cool:
Bobby B EFC :cool:

Bob UK
POTM winner

Post by Bob UK » Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:52 pm

Hi James,

FAU was at Inflite's for maintenance, & was pushed outside earlier today...... & will be swapped with FAV later this evening sometime.........

cheers

Bob
If you would like to view my pics

https://www.flickr.com/photos/96219572@N07/albums

james143611

Post by james143611 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:41 pm

Lovely, cheers for that Bob, will have to keep an eye out especially at Bristol, thanks again for the assistance :)

Mike
Administrator, SPOTM & FC POTM winner

Post by Mike » Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:09 pm

james143611 wrote:Lovely, cheers for that Bob, will have to keep an eye out especially at Bristol, thanks again for the assistance :)
It landed at Dublin from Southend at 17.41 today, good luck with your hunt for it James. :thumb:

Please support our monthly photo competitions by entering and/or by voting !

james143611

Post by james143611 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:31 pm

Yes saw it on Flight Radar, it had the cheek to join the airway over Northampton, if it went over the L9 airway I would have seen it, but that would be too easy lol!

Just EI-FCY to go, again another Dublin day might help, I could have had it on Thursday as it went right over Dublin from Manchester, but no it was cloudy...

Mike

Post by Mike » Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:28 pm

'AU is on it's way to Aberdeen after doing a couple of Glasgow rotations earlier, I think it's avoiding you - just like D-AIGN and PH-AON have done to me for years. :lol:

james143611

Post by james143611 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:21 pm

Not just me that has that problem then! LOL! Have they ever passed you without knowing it? EI-DEH did this alot, never went to LHR if I was there but as my town is on one of the Aer Lingus flightpaths to Paris and Heathrow it would either pass OTT if it was cloudy or wait when I was busy (often finding it had passed on FR24).

One time I was spending the day in the garden, I popped out for half an hour to get my hair cut, when I got back to resume spottong, it had already passed over when I was out!

After finally pinning it down at Dublin, I've seen it three times since including once at LHR, what the hell!!

Some of these Heathrow BA lot are a right PITA, still need oddities like G-ZZZC, G-BNLO, G-CIVI and C-CIVJ, some of which seem to like working at stupid O'clock only. Quite embarrasing that I still need all the Gatwick lot!!

Mike

Post by Mike » Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:53 pm

I've actually heard D-AIGN and PH-AON go directly OTT of my house on numerous occasions, it's just a shame that on each occasion it was 10/10ths cloud. :roll:

What I've found with living up here is that on really good clear days most of the transatlantic traffic either goes out over the central belt of Scotland (Glasgow area) and well to the north (Shetlands), but when it's horribly cloudy there's a constant procession of stuff over here. Sod's law, isn't it? :cry:

Return to “Southend”